Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Neighborhood Walk

I've started trying to take a walk every morning. Before writing, before checking e-mail, even before breakfast. It's almost always the same duration - 15 minutes - but just by taking different combinations of streets, I always end up in new places. Here's a quick gallery of what I saw on one recent ramble.

Home: the adventure begins

Now you even know what day of the week it is.

Old bike and two different generations of Subaru. Very Portland.

Springtime!

Two roosters in one cage.

Bamboo forest

Yes, it's a real maple. No, it's not a marijuana tree.

Half rust, half wood siding, all brand new, totally weird.

"We can do hard things"

Shrine in front of above sign


Close-up of above tree. So fragrant you can probably smell it.

That's a tea pot on a branch. I don't know.

In this case, 'free' might not be worth the effort

Pink snow. End of walk. Reverse order.

No comments:

Post a Comment